Monday, August 31, 2015

Seems like a vacation 8-31

Well the last day of August.  Where or where is the time going.  Finished several paintings.  Made cradled boards.  It was a week and then some.  I then found I was in a painting rut.  Just like writers block and didn't know why.  I paced around the house like a caged animal.  Got lots of advise from
friends but the best advise and I can't remember where I read it was to power on through.  Laugh at it
and realize two things are happening.  I'm about to become more developed as an abstract artist making my voice stronger or I just don't have it.   I refused to believe the last one so I powered on through.  I would advise anyone not to walk away, not to go watch tv or go shopping but just go in
that studio and do the job that is your passion.  It will turn a corner and you will be happy you did.
So with that I have 9 new pieces and 2 did not make the cut but will be reworked.  I have the ones that did work and I will be posting them.


No comments:

Post a Comment