Thursday, October 15, 2015

Moving always in a forward motion.....

Like all artist that show up and paint and paint and paint some more, I have found what I first  painted is changing.  Not only is color important and sets my mind in motion but I have found
that the artist in the earlier abstract expressionist, ie Frankenthaler, Tombly, Pollock , De Koonig, 
Joan Mitchell and of late Mary Abbott have always been very thrilling and paint just a bit different. I kept coming back to their work and to dissect it to see why it is so moving to me. 
It's all about the motion.  I have a new piece which will be posted
next week and asked my son to come in and have a look.  This time I watched his eyes and saw that
he moved around the piece.  Houston I have lift off!!!!!!!!!!  I finally am on the verge of saying what
I hope will be heard.  

Of course Amazon being the good steward that they are with all the books you have bought showed
me that I purchased a book in 2006 on De Koonig.  So abstraction was always there for me.  Just needed to be brave enough to wing all the rest and dive in.  

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
30 x 30  "When the Sky touched the Earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment